Online Class Notes (Nemo)

Vocabulary

score verb (WIN)
to win or get a point, goal, etc. in a competition, sport, game, or test
(体育比赛、考试等中)得(分)
Tennant scored (a goal) in the last minute of the game.
坦南特在比赛的最后一分钟进了一球。
In American football, a touchdown scores (= is worth) six points.
在美式橄榄球中,攻方持球触地得6分。
She scored 18 out of 20 in the spelling test.
拼写测试满分20分,她得了18分。

blame (v): to say or think that someone or something did something wrong or is responsible for something bad happening
责备;责怪;归咎于
Don’t blame me (= it is not my fault) if you miss the bus!
如果你没赶上公车可别怪我!
Hugh blames his mother for his lack of confidence.
休把自己缺乏自信心归咎于他的母亲。
Hugh blames his lack of confidence on his mother.
休把自己缺乏自信心归咎于他的母亲。

take the blame

If you take the blame for something, you say that you did it or that it is your fault.
引咎;对…负责
If anything goes wrong, I’ll take the blame.
出了问题我负责。

brag (v): to speak too proudly about what you have done or what you own
吹嘘,夸耀
She’s always bragging about how much money she earns.
她老是吹嘘自己挣钱如何如何多。
They bragged that their team had never been beaten.
他们夸耀说他们队从未输过。

I don’t blame sb
said in order to tell someone that you understand why they are doing something and that you agree with the reason for doing it
我不会怪…;我理解…的心情
I don’t blame him for getting angry – she’s being really annoying.
我理解他生气的原因——她实在太烦人了。
“I decided to leave.” “I don’t blame you!”

He’s a very rude man.
他这人很粗鲁。

brag (v): to speak too proudly about what you have done or what you own
吹嘘,夸耀
She’s always bragging about how much money she earns.
她老是吹嘘自己挣钱如何如何多。
They bragged that their team had never been beaten.
他们夸耀说他们队从未输过。

sarcastic laugh-讽刺的笑

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.-

一次愚弄我,对你感到羞耻,两次愚弄我,对我感到羞耻。

sarcastic (adj): using sarcasm
讽刺的,嘲笑的,挖苦的
a sarcastic comment/remark
尖刻的评论/话
Are you being sarcastic?
你在挖苦人吗?