F2F Class Notes (Nemo) [W]

Writing exercise

My son was born in USA in 2018,because of I want to give him more chances and choices in the future,so I and son’s father decide to go to Los Angeles to have child.I’m going there eight months after pregnancy.When my son was born,I return to China.This year he will turn one year old,he still can’t walk and talk now,I take time to accompany with him every day.Sometimes he is very noisy,like a little devil,but sometimes he is cute,like a angel.I often take him to play with other children,he is very happy.As his mother,I have full responsibility for bringing him up,certainly I hope him grow up health and happy.My family all love him so much.

My son was born in the USA in 2018, because of I wanted to give him more opportunities  and choices in the future, so me and his father decide to go to Los Angeles to have a child. I went there eight months after I got pregnant/into my pregnancy. After my son was born,we returned to China. This year he will turn one/ he will be one year old,he still can’t walk and talk now, I spend a lot of time with him every day. Sometimes he is very noisy, like a little devil, but sometimes he is cute, like an angel. I often take him (out) to play with other children, he is very happy to play with his friends/ he’s a very happy child. As his mother, I have the full responsibility of bringing him up, certainly I hope him to grow up healthy and happy I hope him to grow to become a healthy and a happy person. My entire family loves him so much.

Vocabulary

accompany (v): to go with someone or to be provided or exist at the same time as something
陪同,陪伴;伴随,和…一起发生(或存在)
E.g.: The course books are accompanied by four CDs.
这些课本配有4张光盘。
E.g.: Depression is almost always accompanied by insomnia.
抑郁症几乎总是伴有失眠。
E.g.: The salmon was accompanied by (= served with) a fresh green salad.
那道三文鱼菜佐以新鲜的蔬菜色拉。
2-to show someone how to get to somewhere
陪送,陪同前往
E.g.: Would you like me to accompany you to your room?
我送你到房间去,好吗?

entire (adj): whole or complete, with nothing missing
全部的;整个的;完全的;完整的
E.g.: Between them they ate an entire cake.
他们两个吃了整整一个蛋糕。
E.g.: He’d spent the entire journey asleep.
他整个旅程都在睡觉。
E.g.: They got an entire set of silver cutlery as a wedding present.
他们收到了一件结婚礼物,是一整套银质餐具。

I’ve been in America, traveling, so that’s why I didn’t have a class last week
我去过美国旅行,所以上星期没上课

during my pregnancy (n)
while I was pregnant (adj)

I went to register my brand for the American market
我去美国市场注册我的品牌

my application was finally approved so I went to the USA to finish all of the formalities
我的申请终于被批准了,所以我去美国办了所有的手续

formalities [ plural ]-something that the law or an official process says must be done
法定程序;正式手续
E.g.: We’ll have to observe the formalities (= do what is expected).
我们必须遵守法定程序。

once my son becomes an adult, I’ll be able to apply for the American citizenship
一旦我儿子成年,我就可以申请美国国籍了

adult (n):a person or animal that has grown to full size and strength
成年人;成年动物
E.g.: An adult under English law is someone over 18 years old.
根据英国法律规定,成年人是指18岁以上人士。
E.g.: Adults pay an admission charge but children get in free.
成年人买票入内,儿童免费。

了解-understand
we still need some time before we understand the market completely,

take (something) into consideration. : to think about (something) before one makes a decision or forms an opinion
we have to take many things into consideration-我们必须考虑很多事情