VIP Class Notes (Jesse) [S]

Homework

Use some of the vocabulary from today in some writing. Write something like a story and try to use the words.

Next Class Focus

Go back to some of the old notes to review to see how much Sandy can remember.

Grammar

there won’t a lot of interestingthere won’t be a lot of interesting things / it won’t be very interesting

how to organise the picture and the words

Vocabulary

theory (ideas) / theoretical
eg. 70% of my course was practical and the other 30% was theoretical, in class with a teacher

practice (doing) / practical

creative (adj)

intuitive (adj) – simple and easy to understand naturally without learning / reading anything
intuition (n)

which is which / which one is which? – na yi ge shi na yi ge

up front – right at the start – also can mean direct and honest
eg. Jesse was really up front with me about how quickly I will improve my English
eg2. We had to pay 10% for the house up front.

it’s the principle of it
eg. it was the principle that made me angry

a cooker = a thing in your kitchen you can cook with
a cook = a chef 
eg. a cook cooks with a cooker / a chef cooks with a cooker

Speaking

When i was young i had good relationship with my kids neighbor. We often sung and dance with together and even we had singing competition with together. when I was 23, just graduated from university i argued with one of my classmate for…. that time we lived together and she hired a cooker / maid, and cooked for her but she didn’t ask me eat with her so I was very angry and I argue with her and then we keep cold for long time. I think that was a small problem but I was very angry.

When i was young i had a good relationship with my neighbors who was a kid / who was the same age as me. We often sung and danced with together and even we had a singing competition with together. when I was 23, I had just graduated from university, and i argued with one of my classmates for…. at that time, we lived together and she hired a cooker maid who cooked for her but she didn’t ask me if I wanted to eat with her so I was very angry and I argued with her / we had a fight /  I got angry with her / I was furious / fuming and then we didn’t talk for a long time. I think that was a small problem but I was very angry / I think even though that was a small problem, I was still very angry.