VIP Class Notes (Jesse)
Write the answers to these questions:
1. Are there many advertisements in your country
2. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
3. What are the various places where we see advertisements?
4. How do you feel about advertisements?
Next Class Focus
Do the same topic for speaking next class, choosing from these questions:
5. What kind of advertisement do you like the most?
6. Do advertisements (ever) influence your choice about what to buy?
7. Where can we see advertisements?
8. Do you like advertisements on TV?
9. Do you prefer advertisements on TV or those in magazines?
10. Do you think advertising plays a very important role in todayâsworld?
11. What sorts of advertisements leave the deepest impression onpeople?
12. What do you think about the developments in advertising in Chinatoday?
13. Why do you think companies advertise themselves (or, their products)?
[ Main Idea + Details ] ___CONJUNCTION___Â [ Main Idea + Details ]
[ I come to Smart EnglishÂ +Â to study English + with Jesse ]__BECAUSE __[Â I think English is important +Â for me + to improve myself. ]
every waking moment – all time that you’re awake
eg. I work every waking moment
24/7 – 24 hours a day 7 days a week
eg. these days I work 24/7
imagine – imaginationÂ
risk (n) / risky (dangerous)
eg. it is more risky / is riskier to have more stores
next stop (travel / bus / train)
next step (plan)
I don’t like Australia – I don’t think Australia is suitableÂ
you filter out the leaves / strain out the leaves
typical foreigner / just like so many other foreigners
state owned company – government
fate / destinyÂ
like – prefer / I’m a fan of / I’m really into
occasion – situation / event / gatheringÂ
season – different time of yearÂ
occasion – kayÂ
I will busier – I will be busier
I am happy / I will be happy tomorrow
it is quite busy than before – it is busier than before
it is a coincidence make me decided – it is a coincidence which made me decide to sth
I always make a plan that helps me toÂ make my housework more entertaining