F2F Class Notes (Nemo)

《俄罗斯套娃/Russian Doll 》

Vocabulary

groundhog day (n): a situation in which events that have happened before happen again, in what seems to be exactly the same way
过去发生的事情又再次同样发生,周而复始
E.g.: Once again, we had an agreement, we all shook hands, and once again they come back and say no. I guess this is Groundhog Day.
我们又一次达成协议,又一次握手,而他们又一次回来说不行。周而复始。

reincarnation (n): the belief that a dead person’s spirit returns to life in another body
轮回转世说
E.g.: Hindus and Buddhists believe in reincarnation.
印度教徒和佛教徒相信轮回转世说。

entrust (v): to give someone a thing or a duty for which they are responsible
委托;交托;托付
E.g.: He didn’t look like the sort of man you should entrust your luggage to.
他看上去就不可靠,你不应该把行李托付给他。
E.g.: Two senior officials have been entrusted with organizing the auction.
两名高级官员受委托组织这次拍卖活动。

嘱托某人办件事-entrust sb. with a certain task;

把一大笔钱嘱托给某人保管-entrust sb. with a large sum of money;

whine (v): If you whine, especially as a child, you complain or express disappointment or unhappiness repeatedly.
(尤指小孩)不停地嘀咕,哼哼唧唧
E.g.: Alice, if you keep whining I won’t take you – do you understand?
艾丽斯,如果你继续那样哼哼唧唧我就不带你了——明白了吧?

Michelle stop whining.

Grammar

my skin is quite allergetic  sensitive, I’m allergic to…..

I’m assigned to a new position